Saturday, December 8, 2007

So Far, #1

Well, so far I've developed a fondness for bundle cigars by Henke Kelner at Tabadom in the D.R., mainly Occidental Reserve (Alec Bradley) and Cusano. The blends are agreeable to my palate, and the prices are perfect for a 'Friday Night' cigar.

The first amazing cigar I've had was the Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend maduro, a Rocky Patel cigar, which really illustrated the differences between a $2 cigar and a $5 cigar.

The worst I've had yet was the Sherpa, after which I almost had to douche my sinuses with mouthwash to completely get rid of the taste.

I have yet to really enjoy a Nicaraguan cigar, I just haven't liked the flavors. The Sherpa, Primos, and Tierra Del Sol have just not hit the spot for me. If anyone has any reasonable suggestions of a better Nicaraguan cigar, please chime in. (As if anyone is reading this)

3 comments:

Jesse Nachtigal said...

In my opinion the cigars coming out of Nicaragua are some of the best on the market. Nestor Plasencia(sp?), Don Pepin Garcia, and Oliva are all great cigar makers. Also a good bundle smoke by Oliva is the Flor de Oliva. My favorite go to cigars are the EO 601 Cigars that are rolled by Don Pepin and Oliva's Serie V is one of the best cigars to come out this year.

Brother James said...

I'll keep an eye out for those brands. I haven't smoked the Perdomo Lot 23 yet, but hope to do so soon.

Anonymous said...

My favorite Nicaraguan smoke is Padron. You should be able to find some at your price point.