Monday, September 1, 2008

Playing Catchup

Wow, 6 months goes by pretty quick. I finished the spring semester with a B in Calculus I, and only by the skin of my teeth, and started the summer off with my wife giving birth to our fourth child. I've also been spending entirely too much time at Social Cigar, posting, chatting with friends, and wasting time in general.

In this long interval, I've been smoking some awesome cigars, decent cigars, and a couple crummy ones as well. I've been sampling some Pepin cigars, and I liked the Tatuaje P-Series enough to buy a box after smoking just one. I also smoked a couple of the Tatuaje Havana VI, CI Legends Yellow label, and Benchmade. I'm starting to see the reason's for the Pepin hype. I just hope it doesn't sour, like the hype around Rocky Patel's cigars.

Speaking of Rocky, I've finally landed some RP Sungrown, and liked them, along with the Indian Tabac 10th Anniversary, which I didn't really like.

The biggest revelation of the spring was my discovery of the Arturo Fuente Hemingway. I have found my "Deserted Island" cigar! If I could afford to smoke these on a regular basis, I would. But, they are not the cheapest cigar, so I save them for special occasions.

Other highlights were Oliva Serie V, Perdomo ESV '91 maduro, CAO Brazilia, Camacho Triple Maduro, and Camacho 10th Anniversary Corojo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Hemingway Signature and Short Story cigars. I have to smoke one or the other at least once a month.