Friday, December 5, 2008

Bombing Santa

I was downtown to record a concert, and after setup, decided to cruise by my #2 B&M to see if the new Arganese sticks were in yet. They weren't, but the owner kindly gave me an Arganese CL, left over from the Cigar Festival, to tide me over until the order came in.

So, I'm recording the local symphony's holiday pops concert, and who winds his way through the crowd? Santa!

As he gets closer to where I'm camped out with my equipment, I get an Idea...

I asked him "would Mrs. Claus get mad at you for smoking one of these?" and I offered him the cigar. "No, not at all," Saint Nick replied, so I slipped him the combustible morsel, along with a Social Cigar card, and let him go on his merry way.

He did give me a candy cane, after all. So I returned the favor.

No comments: